We are a family friendly member run club who welcome anyone with an interest in sailing. Membership is open to all ages; approximately one third of membership is comprised of young families with three and sometimes four generations from the same family. We have a very active youth section. The club membership is fairly evenly divided between dinghy sailors and yacht sailors, with both racing and cruising interested catered for. We sail throughout the year and there is lots of social activity as well.
Benefits of membership include
- An active youth training programme run by parent members from 6 years upwards
- Dinghy & Tender launching at all states of the tide
- Dinghy racing throughout the year
- Yacht racing with our Spring Series & Spring Championship during March to April
- Pursuit yacht racing May to July on Thursday evenings
- Weekend Club Cruiser rallies around the Solent about once a month
- Women on Water (WOW) section and Adult Recreational Sailing
- Member led training for club duties
- Use of our dinghy & trailer sailor pounds, subject to availability
- Use of club moorings
- Use of the outboard shed
- Use of our two club launches to access boats moored on the River Hamble
- Unlimited use of the clubhouse facilities and changing rooms
- Club bar, opening lunch times and evenings (see Opening Hours).
- Excellent catering provided by Alexanda’s.
- Full social programme of events, dinners, winter talks and fortnightly live music sessions
For Full, Joint or Family Membership, you will require two current members to propose and second you. They must be personally acquainted with you/your family and both will be required to fill in our online form supporting your application.
If you do not know two club members, we can offer a period of Temporary Membership of three months to enable you time to meet other members who will support your Full Membership application.
Your name(s) will go on the Club noticeboard for a minimum of 10 days prior to an executive committee meeting so that existing Members will know who is wanting to join. Our Assistant Honorary Secretary/Membership Secretary meets all prospective members to explain how the club operates and identifies how your skills can help within the club. Remember, duties are necessary as WSC is a member run club with a limited number of staff. New membership applications, together with the Proposer and Seconder confirmation, are then voted by the WSC Executive Committee who meet each month. You will be notified of the success of your application by the Club Administrator.
- Annual Membership to the club runs from 1st October to 30th September each year.
- Payment of the joining fee is required before membership is granted.
- Membership subscriptions are pro rata if you join during the year and may be paid annually or monthly by Direct Debit.
- Current Joining Fees & Annual Subscriptions
Additional fees apply for the use of the club pounds, club moorings, outboard shed and launches (qualification required).